Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
This study assesses the effectiveness of the MARTAS - Modified effective “Anti-Retroviral Treatment and Access to Services” (ARTAS) intervention. This is a case management - based individual-level, multi-session intervention for people who are recently diagnosed with HIV in narcology, TB, and STIs clinics in order to help them link to and be retained in HIV care.
World Health Organization
The study will look at the feasibility and impact of expanding the availability and accessibility of community management of opioid overdose (including training and take-home naloxone) in participating countries/sites.
The study will produce evidence on the implementation barriers and facilitators for community management of opioid overdose, including trainings, outreach activities and settings that are better placed to reach many people at risk to prevent opioid overdose. The initiative's targets include saving lives by making naloxone and training on overdose management available to all people likely to witness an overdose, including peers and family members. The initiative sets a global implementation target of 90-90-90 as a joint point of reference:
1) 90 per cent of the relevant target population should be trained in overdose risk and emergency management;
2) 90 per cent of those trained should carry take-home naloxone;
3) 90 per cent of those who have been given a naloxone supply should use naloxone at overdoses they witness.
World Health Organization
Evaluation of changes of clinical practice of those primary health care workers who completed Essential Training on the Integrated Management of Hypertension and Diabetes in 7 pilot regions.
- To understand how the training was able to influence changes in PHC clinical practice in pilots in order to plan further improvements/adjustments of training’s content and teaching approaches, but also to identify other factors that need to be strengthened at PHC level for better NCDs prevention, early detection, care and support.;
- The evaluation of the project is planned to be carried out using three data collection approaches. Changes in risk assessment and treatment practices and outcomes will be evaluated by collecting information from patient records. Organizational changes in clinics and changes in division of tasks will be assessed performing observations of patient pathways. Focus group interview will be carried out to assess professionals’ opinions on effects of training in changing the practice and related possibilities and challenges.
Johns Hopkins University
The proposed research project will explore the social and place-based context of injection drug use and HIV and HCV risk among people who inject drugs (PWID) in Ukraine. Study participants will include men and women 18 years of age and older in Dnipro, Ukraine.
Holding an international conference after the publication in the journal "The Lancet"
A two-day meeting in Kyiv (28-29 July, 2017) explored the range of possibilities to improve health services access for people who use drugs at three distinct time periods: pre-incarceration, incarceration and immediately post incarceration. The meeting focused on aligning current advocacy, policy directions and future research in EE&CA towards enhanced health and criminal justice outcomes for key stakeholders working across the interface of drug use, health service provision and criminal justice systems in the region. The meeting included a formal press event to cast a Ukrainian and EE&CA lens on challenges and opportunities in responding to the dual issues of drug policy and health in the criminal justice system in the region.
Study of the aspects of stigma (as a barrier to HIV treatment) that can be changed through the development and implementation of interventions
Pact Inc. / USAID «RESPOND»
To evaluate eligibility of the integration care model for opioid addicts in non-specialized setting, particularly on basis of three primary care policlinics. Outcomes of interest include public health, substance abuse, HIV and TB.
Інтегроване лікування хворих на опіоїдну залежність в умовах центрів первинної медико-санітарної допомоги: навчально-методичний посібник / Дворяк С. В., Карагодіна О. Г., Морозова О. С., Пикало І. І., Думчев К. В., 2016
13/01/2017 Вийшов друком навчально-методичний посібник
National Institutes of Health (NIH), Harvard University
Collection of samples and observation of the growth of culture in dense nutrient media and incubation in test tubes with an indicator of growth of mycobacteria